Search Unity

1. We're looking for feedback on Unity Starter Kits! Let us know what you’d like.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.2 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 2017.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Ctrl+B - Now all scenes in my project are broken!!!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by trappist-1, Aug 13, 2017.

1. trappist-1

trappist-1

I meant to press Ctrl+V but I can't believe I just accidentally pressed the (useless and evil) Ctrl+B button and now my project is broken.

What kind of hotkey is that anyways? I don't even know what it's intended for??

I use Unity 2017 + SteamVR - In the scene where I pressed the hotkey now my camera is facing sideways. And in all other scenes my frame rates dropped to 1!!!!

WTH just happened???

2. Mauri

Mauri

Build & Run. It builds your project as XYZ (Standalone/WebGL/... whatever you've chosen) and runs it afterwards.

3. trappist-1

trappist-1

I notice that if I remove all rigidbodies then the framerates go back to normal. Does Ctrl+B change physics settings?

Also I notice that every script in every scene now says "Nothing Selected".

And I cant drag in any scripts because it say to "check for compiler errors" but there are no errors in the console, and everything compiles ok.

What a mess..

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  4. trappist-1

trappist-1

Ok it fixed it's self. Not sure how or why, but when I created a new script called "blank.cs" on a random gameobject all the scripts came back and no longer say "Nothing Selected".

Total Unity bug...

5. Peter77

Peter77

If you're able to reproduce this issue, it would be helpful to submit a bug-report following the advice in this document.

6. Mauri

Mauri

No, it's just a quicker way of building your project and testing it. Other than that, it shouldn't really change anything in your scenes at all. If you can reproduce this, file a bug report as @Peter77 suggested.