1. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for feedback on Unity Starter Kits! Let us know what you’d like.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We’re giving 2017.1 beta testers a chance to win t-shirts and a Nintendo Switch. Read more on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want to know how you learned Unity! Help us by taking this quick survey and have a chance at a $25 gift card
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 5.6 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice

Does the app pause when we play an add?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads' started by Damien-Delmarle, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Damien-Delmarle

Damien-Delmarle

if yes is it possible to not pause it ?
    this make it impossible to use ads with UNET because i got disconnected from server even with very large timeout.

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Unity Technologies

Correct, your game is paused when an ad is being shown, and not possible to avoid that. Could you only show ads when player is not participating in game?

/Rasmus

3. Damien-Delmarle

Damien-Delmarle

i cannot because of the nature of the game it need to be connected to the dedicated unet server to validate logic on it and receive result. so i guess its a problem that need to be fixed by the unet team instead?

or does that just mean unity ads are just not compatible with any connected service ?

4. Damien-Delmarle

Damien-Delmarle

just want to heads up 5.6.2 fixed this problem, we can now watch ads without being disconnected from server:eek: