Search Unity

1. We're looking for feedback on Unity Starter Kits! Let us know what you’d like.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.2 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 2017.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems saving model avatar

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Khiven, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Khiven

Khiven

Hi there, I recently moved to Unity 5 engine, I'm not new in this world but I am with Unity. I was testing animations on 3d models. I have animations for humanoid bodies that I wanted to apply to a random humanoid model I downloaded.

I select the model in the assets then I select "Rig" --> "Animation Type: Humanoid" (creating from that model) and then I hit configure.

Then the avatar editor opens. The problem is that the model doesnt come with preset for bone position or anything so I have to make them manually. I can make them in that scene, and it will show the skeleton and all the avatar green and ready to go. Then I hit apply and then done. The screen comes back to the main scene but the avatar didn't save the changes.

I think its because I'm adding the transform positions for each bone in a "Clone" model in the avatar editor scene so they won't save for my model and thus the avatar will be reset.

Now, is there a way to make it save somehow in the model? I also tried to make a prefab of the model with the transform in it but Unity does not recognize it as a model so I dont have the option to map the transforms to the avatar.

Thanks in advance.

2. GeekGonzo

GeekGonzo

This is pretty old, so sorry for necroing, but did you ever find a solution to this issue? I have a rather.. strange thing I am trying to do and being able to edit the avatar would make my life really much easier.